Mesa, Arizona
480-748-1244
http://junipersloft@gmail.com




5/17/11

a little story...

This might be somewhat long, but bear with me and read through it. So, some of you may recall this sweet little girl's picture on my blog several weeks ago. A regular follower (thanks Heidi) of my blog sent it to me and asked for help with a fundraiser for little Abigail who has leukemia. I posted the info and picture without too much thought and then removed it when the fundraiser ended. I had never met little Abigail or her family but I kept thinking about her.

A couple of weekends ago, I was driving around searching for yard sales for treasures to fix up and post. I was pretty close to my house and stopped at a yard sale saying it was a fundraiser. When I took a closer look, I not only realized that it was for Abigail, but it was her home and her parents were the ones running the sale. Now mind you, I have never met Heidi (the gal who forwarded the first fundraiser) and she has never met Abigail AND she lives way out in South Gilbert...quite far from me. I had thought about this family a lot and all of a sudden I am standing in their yard only a mile or so from my home. I turned to my husband (who was patient enough to be on this early morning treasure hunt with me) and said "What are the odds? I have wondered about this little family so much the last few weeks". We purchased a few things including a side table, briefly chatted with her mom, and went on our way.

OK...so coincidence, fate, prompting, small world after all, I don't know. I do know this. I have four healthy sons that give me a run for my money every single day. Sometimes I fall into a pity party pit and feel like my life is really hard. Looking at this beautiful little girl's picture and realizing what she is facing reminds me how BLESSED I am to have my strong boys.

I wanted to do something to help with what I can only imagine are giant medical bills. So, I need your help. I'm not sure how to go about this. I'm thinking post your feedback on this entry. I want to refurbish the cool little 50's side table that I got at Abigail's yard sale. I will do any color, any hardware, and whatever amount of distressing you do or don't want. I will also include one of my big magnet boards (priced at $65). I'm thinking we can work it kinda like an auction. Post what you are willing to pay. I will give every one until June 1st to get their bids in. Then, I will figure out who is the highest bidder and contact you to arrange choosing how you would like the table. 100% of the money from this will be given to Abigail's family. I would like to deliver the money on June 6th. Thanks in advance for your help with this!


Update...I have already had a few people ask about giving something. If anyone wants to drop a couple of bucks in an envelope and mail it to me...great! 649 N. Hosick Circle, Mesa, AZ 85201 Also, click here to let me know if you are interested in the table and magnet board. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers